Coachella Valley Water District (CVWD) was formed in 1918 to protect and conserve local water resources.
With more than 570 employees, CVWD provides water-related services to more than 300,000 people in the Coachella Valley. The District serves an area of about 1,000 square miles, primarily in Riverside County.
CVWD provides the following services to the community:
- Delivers domestic (drinking) water.
- Delivers canal and recycled/nonpotable water for irrigation.
- Collects and treats wastewater.
- Provides regional stormwater protection and flood control.
- Manages the groundwater basin and imported water supplies.
- Provides agricultural drainage.
- Promotes water conservation and provides rebates to customers.
Visit cvwd.org/ourpromise to learn more.