The Water Counts Academy is designed for current and emerging leaders in the Coachella Valley who want to learn about the lifeblood of our valley — its water resources. We are excited to offer this comprehensive course that will cover the history, use and management of water here in the Coachella Valley.
The 2020 class will consist of four evening classes – on Tuesdays from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm, on February 4, 11, 18 and 25, and one final half-day session on Saturday, February 29, which will include a session, tour and graduation ceremony.
There is no tuition/fee, and food and refreshments will be provided during the class periods.
The sessions will cover a variety of topics and, although subject to change, may include:
- Week 1 (February 4): Local Water Overview | History of Water in the Coachella Valley | Coachella Valley Water Sources
- Week 2 (February 11): Water Quality & Regulations | Economics of Water Rates
- Week 3 (February 18): Building & Development | Agriculture & Water-Efficient Techniques | Cannabis
- Week 4 (February 25): Conservation Planning | Golf & Recycled Water
- Week 4 (February 29): Half-Day Tour, covering Water Infrastructure valley-wide
The deadline for applications for Water Counts Academy 2020 has passed. Successful candidates will be notified by Tuesday, January 28, 2020.
Click here to see the 2017, 2018 and 2019 program graduates.
Click here to view the 2018 and 2019 presentations.