The Water Counts Academy is designed for current and emerging leaders in the Coachella Valley who want to learn about the lifeblood of our valley — its water resources. We are excited to offer this comprehensive course that will cover the history, use and management of water here in the Coachella Valley.
Classes consist of four evening classes, and one final half-day Saturday session which will include a session, tour and graduation ceremony.
There is no tuition/fee, and food and refreshments will be provided during the class periods.
The sessions will cover a variety of topics and, in past programs, have included:
· Week 1: Local Water Overview | History of Water in the Coachella Valley | Recycled Water & Golf
· Week 2: Coachella Valley Water Sources | Economics of Water Rates
· Week 3: Building & Development | Agriculture & Water-Efficient Techniques | Cannabis & Water Efficient Techniques
· Week 4: Conservation Planning | Water Quality & Regulations | Conservation is a Way of Life
· Week 4: Half-Day Tour, covering Water Infrastructure valley-wide
We will begin accepting applications for Water Counts Academy 2021 in October. Please check back at that time.
Click here to see the 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 program graduates.
Click here to view the 2018, 2019, and 2020 presentations.