The Water Counts Academy is coming soon! The fun and informative online sessions are designed for current and emerging leaders in the Coachella Valley who want to learn more about water resources in the Coachella Valley. The comprehensive course covers the history, usage and management of water here in the Coachella Valley, giving academy graduates a better understanding the impact of water usage in the desert both past and present.
Participants receive a certificate after attending the five courses, which begin on February 9. The sessions cover a variety of topics and although subject to change, may include:
- The History of Water
- Groundwater, Streams, and Imported Water
- Colorado River Water
- State Overview, Drought and Climate Change
- Regional Planning and Sustainable Groundwater Management Act
- Local Conservation Efforts and Incentives
- Water Quality and Regulations
- CVWD Recycled Water Program
- Building & Development and Water Efficiency
- Salton Sea Management Program
The 2023 Water Counts Academy will be held virtually via Zoom once a week, from Noon to 1:30 p.m., over the course of 5 weeks: on Thursday, February 9, 16, 23, March 2, and March 9.
The application deadline is Tuesday, January 31, 2023.
Apply online, by completing this online form. Those who are interested must apply for the program.