March 22 is World Water Day – an annual United Nations observance that highlights the importance of fresh water. This day is used to advocate for the sustainable management of freshwater resources all over the world. To help do your part, here are 7 ways to conserve water at your home.
7 Ways to Conserve Water
- Only run water-using appliances when they are full
- Fix drips by replacing worn tap washers
- Incorporate water conservation into your landscaping
- Reduce the amount of water used by toilets
- Consider a WaterSense labeled shower head
- Install a rain barrel
- Compost food waste instead of using your garbage disposal
Water means different things to different people.
This conversation day is about what water means to you.
How is water important to your home and family life, your livelihood, your cultural practices, your wellbeing, your local environment?
By recording – and celebrating – all the different ways water benefits our lives, we can value water properly and safeguard it effectively for everyone.
To tell your stories, thoughts and feelings about water, or to find more information you can do go to worldwaterday.org