Here are five common sense tips you can use to save water with your irrigation:
- Avoid watering on windy days to limit overspray and rapid evaporation.
- Install water efficient sprinkler heads.
- Landscape your yard with desert friendly, low water-use plants (see our searchable guide here).
- Check your garden or lawn for any broken sprinklers, valves or lines that may be damaged, leaking, or spraying on hardscape.
- Click here to see the rebates your water agency offers, .
Remember, gadget or no gadget, managing water use still requires a little of your time and some common sense.