Mission Springs Water District’s mission is to provide, protect, and preserve our most valuable resource – water. We are proud to serve our award-winning water to our customers in Desert Hot Springs, California, and surrounding areas.
In 1953, the Desert Hot Springs County Water District (now MSWD) was established by a vote of the residents of 246 to 9. The District began with about 100,000 feet of pipelines, five water wells, and two reservoirs. It covered one square mile. The District expanded rapidly and grew to include parts of the Coachella Valley County Water District, the West Palm Springs Village and San Gorgonio Mutual Water Company systems, and the Dos Palmas Mutual Water Company.
For over 65 years, MSWD has managed groundwater through conservation, groundwater protection projects, and general stewardship of its multi-award-winning water resource.
Today, the District includes more than 1.25 million feet of pipelines, 13 water wells, and 24 reservoirs, serving over 40,000 people in an area of about 135 square miles.