We’ve all done it, made a New Year’s resolution only to abandon it midway through January.
Why not make a resolution this year that’s easy to accomplish and that benefits not only you but your neighbors and our community as well? For example, why not take a pledge to use water efficiently in the coming year!
Simple changes in your day-to-day life can equal significant savings over the course of a year. You’ll not only save water, but you’ll also do something helpful for our planet. Check out these low and no-cost tips, or visit our website to learn more ways to save.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth
- Run only full loads in your dishwasher or washing machine
- Test your toilet and pool for leaks at least once a year
- Shorten your shower or fill your bathtub half full when bathing
- Replace turf and switch to desert landscape
- Check and repair indoor and outdoor drips and leaks
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your patio, sidewalk, or driveway
- Change your irrigation controller with the seasons or get a smart controller
- Check with your water agency to see what rebates are available in your area and consider switching over to energy and water-efficient appliances