Here’s some inspiration to help you be water-wise, save money, and have a beautiful yard!
Soil and Site Conditions
- Keep your soil healthy
- Aerate your soil
- Use mulch to save water and improve soil health
- Minimize steep slopes
- Use soil amendments where appropriate
- Use regionally appropriate, low water-using and native plants
- Recognize site conditions and plant appropriately
- Group similar plants together for irrigation
- Irrigate only when needed
- Keep up with the weeding
- If you have a lawn, raise your lawn mower cutting height
- Minimize or eliminate fertilizer
Below are photos of a few past contest winners, as well as several beautiful drought-tolerant yards we’ve come across.
Inspiration For Your Imagination
Below are just a few of the many stunning drought-tolerant plants and succulents.